In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union, the data controller, the International Meteor Organization (IMO), international non-profit organization under Belgian Law, registration number 0441.894.089, Jozef Mattheessensstraat 60, 2540 Hove, represented by its President, Francis Verbeeck, firstname.lastname@example.org, informs you of the following:
- Your first and last name and email address are processed solely for the purpose of establishing your authorship of the observation and as contact information in case additional questions regarding your observation could contribute to establishing the precise fireball trajectory. For this, we seek your consent, which is also the legal basis for the processing of your personal data.
- Your full personal data will only be disclosed to IMO officers in charge of managing the Fireball Database under the authority of the IMO. The only personal data in your fireball observation shown publicly are the first few letters of your last name..
- Observational data you provided will not be erased because other scientific work may depend on them. However, your contact details can be removed. Also, your observations can be pseudonymized to make them impersonal. For both, a simple request to the controller via email to email@example.com suffices.
- You have the right to request from the controller via email to firstname.lastname@example.org access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning of your personal data or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
- You may withdraw the consent we seek for processing your personal data at any time by simple request to the controller via email to email@example.com (without affecting the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data based on your consent before its withdrawal). Your contact details will then be erased and your observations will be pseudonymized (see above).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you are at least 16 years of age, by submitting a Fireball Report you give consent to the data controller to process your personal data in strict compliance with the above conditions.
If you are NOT at least 16 years of age,you have to ask someone holding the parental responsibility over you to enter his/her full name and email address in the “remarks” text field on page 12 of the Fireball Report form. By doing so, this person gives his/her consent to the data controller to process your personal data in strict compliance with the above conditions. This consent extends to the personal data provided by that person for his authorization, which the data controller will keep as proof that due consent has been given and which in case of doubt an IMO officer, acting under the authority of the IMO, may use to contact that person in verification that this authorization is genuine.